27 September 2008

in a frame

Terri said something really kind of crazy and funny at the Torch Club the other night. I immediately asked Donnie for a pen and insisted on writing it down. The next morning while getting ready to head out for work, I pull a scrap of paper out of my clutch with my happy, drunken handwriting on it. It was a moment that now I know I won't forget. And that paper is now in a little corner on my wall. It is things like this that make life worth living, in my estimation. Those things that are inexplicably funny or poignant - the little things - which are then scooped out of the bucket of everyday nonsense and framed somehow. That is what art is, and it can be anything.

So it is to my utter delight that I've just discovered Found Magazine. To wit:

It's a collection of notes and pictures and stuff from all over that people find. In the street, in an old book, wherever. Some of the commentary is really great too.

I just love this so much. I love to imagine the situations that produced these things. And I love the new humor or sadness that comes from seeing things out of their original context. The world is so fucking crazy. This site reminds me that we can let go and learn to love said crazy.