25 October 2005

very scary?

I know you've been tearing your hair out over my absense this past week. Please forgive me. You see, I am now working with some regularity - a phenomenon that has me just as confused as it does you.

I am working as an editor at a publishing company. Which is cool in and of itself, but just between you and me, I've a feeling that the company isn't a good fit. It's a temporary assignment anyway, but I don't think I'm going to last even to the end of the project. People there just don't seem happy. They're not... excited. About anything. You know? That just sucks. It's actually draining a lot of energy out of me. I hope to be back on track soon.

One thing I do hope to be writing about is Halloween weekend, which draws ever nearer. I haven't even gotten one thing, however, for my costume as of yet. I'm going to be the Corpse Bride, or at least I was going to be... we'll see if I find the necessary materials in the next couple days. If I don't, my heart will not go on. I just know it won't.

As many will tell you, I am not easily satisfied.