19 October 2005

justice for one and zombie eyes

I was feeling just a tiny bit blue today, and then I saw this headline:
Arrest Warrant Issued for DeLay
Then I found my smile again.

In other news, we've got some truly fall-like weather happening here in the Cruz. It feels really good. I had hot chocolate this morning. We have a little pumpkin on our coffee table. I meant to do a summer re-cap entry, but is it a little late now for that? Darn near Halloween! Ohh, Halloween, how I have waited for you..

And tonight we're going to watch Lost!! I have never been so into a tv show. Ever. Lorie just happened to get me a dvd from the first season a couple weeks back when I wasn't feeling well, and I immediately fell in love. Now I'm gobbling up every Lost morsel I can get my hands on. The writing is so good, the characters are finely drawn, and the acting and directing are great. I'm perfectly aware of how the writers of this show are manipulating us; they deliberately confuse you and show you just enough to keep you coming back for more. The melodramatic music and the pregnant pauses, the references to supernatural forces and the "mysterious" looks on the actors' faces. It seems they have found a way to turn a teleplay into liquid heroin. But I don't care. Manipulate me, J.J. Abrams! I am yours! Twist me into your zombie-eyed tv-watching monkey! It's fine! Just tell me what the hell is going on with Desmond!

We have the two latest eps to watch tonight. It's a good thing.