20 September 2005

the faery party

This party that we attended over the weekend is difficult to describe, but I did manage to get a few pictures. It should be noted that these pics in no way do justice to the breadth and scope of the party. It was intense. There was a cranberry vodka fountain for chrissake, and there were so many fantastic costumes that I didn't capture. I would also just like to note that Charlie and his party planners RULE and that putting the concepts of "vodka" and "fountain" together is a truly inspired undertaking that I admire greatly.

The thing was, you were supposed to dress up as a faery or some other mythical creature, but people took a lot of liberties and just basically wore crazy costumes.



To get to this party, which was sort of in the mountains, you went to a rendevous point and hitched a ride on this totally decadent (and free) shuttle. Champagne for the ride up the hill? Why not!



And, because no boozy car ride is complete without David Bowie, there was a showing of Labrynth for our entertainment.



Our wonderful host!
A dress made entirely of safety pins and key rings! The creator of which, may I add, completely rocks.

This guy was awesome, and clearly quite creative.

Who's cuter than Barrett? (Note the swing bolted to the ceiling in the middle of the living room.)

I wish I'd gotten more of the costumes and revelry, I was just too busy drinking the plentiful booze and hanging out with some of the most entertaining people I've been around in a while. In summary, the faery party was wild and fun, and many of the shenanigans that occurred won't be recounted here. Overall the night receives an A+.