22 August 2005

say my name bitch

Long long ago, on a Vegas trip far far away, Lorie entered a state of... a-hem, non-sobriety. She said something really funny.

So I guess everyone in the world has seen the Dave Chappelle Show, and everyone in the world has seen his bit where he makes fun of Rick James? Well, I didn't know what she was talking about. In an attempt to explain, she generously offered Chappelle's apparent catchphrase, which is "I'm Rick James, bitch!" Now, I can see how that would be funny. Rick James is a character who exists on fertile ground for being made fun of. But what ended up happening was way funnier. Because of said non-sobriety, Lorie kept saying the wrong name. This was a phenomenon that induced hours of laughter and genuine entertainment. I decided it would be a very good idea to make stickers to commemorate that fateful night.






I just found this in a folder and thought I should share. These stickers are floating around in various parts of California. That Lorie, she's a card.