02 February 2005

they do

So... every year in June in San Francisco there is a Height Street Fair. Every year, it seems, I go to that fair without ever meaning to or planning on it. Anyway, the first time it happened I was supposed to meet some people who I never ended up finding, so I ended up walking around this fair that was clearly getting into full swing all around me.

It was a trippy day all in all, but I'll never forget that I ran into this guy who was just insane. He was walking with a staff that had these pins and dangly things, he was wearing lots of jewelry and had this big dreadlocked hair and most significant of all, a big cape covered in silver sequins. He looked very intently at me, seemed to register something and then touched my arm. He said, "Wishes from the heart come true."